Food Bank Donation
“For I was hungry and you gave me food.”
We have a new tradition in our parish to support the hungry on a more continuous basis. Over 860,000 Canadians visit food banks every month, with over 36% of the donations feeding hungry children.
Bring one non-perishable food item to Mass every weekend which will be sent to the food banks. Donations can be left at the back of the church and will be delivered to St. Willibrord’s parish food bank. A list of suggestions for nutritious non-perishable items is posted below.
During the COVID-19 isolation, please leave your items in a bag at the door of the rectory.
Foodbank Donation List
Suggested nutritious non‑perishable food items:
– Oatmeal (regular, no added sugar, if possible)
– Pot barley
– Whole-grain high‑fibre/whole wheat dried pasta
– Brown rice
– Couscous (whole wheat best)
– Canned salmon or tuna
– Canned beans (chickpeas, lentils, kidney beans)
– Peanut butter
– Tomato sauce
– Pasta sauce in jars
– Canned vegetables and fruit (no added sugar or salt, if possible)